Monday, January 12, 2009

1 4 Generations!
























You know, I think I'm a pretty good judge of many things ... like age for example! When I went for this session, I knew beforehand it was going to be a four generational shoot. So mom, daughter, granddaughter, great granddaughter. No biggie. So when I got to the location, I had the chance to meet the matriarch. I smiled, we shook hands, I asked her if I could move stuff around and then someone blurted out her age - 97! No, I didn't transpose it ... 97! I wouldn't have pegged this lady for a day over 72 and honey, that's stretching it!
Did I also mention that she had the audacity to graduate from Ivy Tech at age 80? Helloooo! So, I'm thinking it's time for me to get myself in gear and reorganize my thinking. Treat my body like the temple it is, and fully embrace the blessings I've been given. Cause frankly, if I am given the privilege to be here at 97 I so want to look that good!






































Post a Comment 1 comments:

January 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM Michael Hayes said...

I am glad you took the time to sit for these portraits. What dignity and grace--what beauty and strength I see in your generations! It is a good thing to celebrate the blessings that God has given our families. Thank you for sharing the celebration with us.

Love,

Michael Hayes

Post a Comment